Wholesale IT systems
EMMS is used to determine the cost of energy. EMMS also provides: ancillary services, dispatch, market information, NEM reports, offers and submissions, settlements and prudentials, trading facilities, and intermittent generation and PASA forecasting.
For help accessing AEMO's wholesale interfaces, see Connecting to AEMO's Electricity IT Systems.
EMMS Markets Portal Applications
This application provides:
- A summary of the market in each of the regions.
- Public and private market notices.
- A tool allowing participants to view constraint equation IDs in a human readable format.
- Access to Market Direct that publishes AEMO reports and statements.
- Guide to Market Direct.
Settlements and Prudentials
Settlements Direct provides participants with access to information, including settlement statements, published by AEMO.
NEM Prudential Dashboard
The NEM Prudential Dashboard allows market participants to make informed prudential management decisions. It provides useful information about participant's accrued financial position with AEMO. The dashboard is updated every time a new prudential run becomes available throughout each business day to provide an up-to-date snapshot of prudential information.
NEM Prudential Forecast
The Prudential Forecast provides participants with a forecast of their expected prudential position for the next NEM business day.
The Reallocations system enables Reallocations registered participants to create, submit, authorise, and view Reallocations in accordance with the Reallocation procedures.
- Guide to Electricity Reallocations – 01 November 2019 (1.57 MB, pdf)
NEM Participants can view and analyse their Credit Support.
Payment Nomination provides a facility for participants to view and manage their nominations for settlement payments. You can find assistance using Payment Nomination in the web portal.
Offers and submissions
Participants can submit offers by file to the participant file server or interactively using the EMMS Web Portal.
- MNSP-FCAS Bid File Submission
- AS Re-offer Bid Format and Validation (213 KB, pdf)
- MT PASA Bid Format and Validation (1 MB, pdf)
- Guide to Energy and FCAS Offers (2.6 MB, pdf)
- Guide to GELF Declarations (1.9 MB, pdf)
- Guide to Reliability and Emergency Reserve Trader activities (4.0 MB, pdf)
- Guide to Generator Recall Plans v1.02 (1.69 MB, pdf)
Settlement Residue Auction (SRA)
The SRA gives eligible registered participants access to inter-regional settlements residue (IRSR) by enabling them to bid for entitlements to a proportion of the total IRSR.
The Intermittent Generation web application provides an interface for participants with intermittent generating units to:
- Submit availability information to AEMO, for use over the predispatch, STPASA, and MTPASA time frames.
- View intermittent generation forecasts produced by AWEFS and ASEFS.
- Optionally apply forecast overrides.
- Guide to Intermittent Generation (2.5 MB, pdf)