Summer operations 2018-19
Annually, AEMO prepares a summer readiness plan, collaborating with generation and transmission network providers, federal and state governments, and key agencies to actively manage heightened risks to power system operations.
The readiness plan to address risks and deliver reliable and secure power to consumers throughout summer 2018-19 builds on the strategies and actions which delivered reliable, secure supply during summer 2017-18 (the second warmest on record) , and is structured around these four pillars:
- Sufficient available resources.
- Continuing operational improvements.
- Contingency planning.
- Collaboration and communication.
Read AEMO's full pre-summer 2018-19 report here:
- AEMO 2018-19 Summer Readiness Plan (830 KB, pdf)
Publishing of Reliability and Emergency Reserve Trader (RERT) related costs
- Message about summer readiness and publishing RERT costs (641 KB, pdf)