Stage 5 - Construction
The Connection Applicant will undertake detailed design work and construct or modify their facility. Any augmentation to the Declared Shared Network (DSN) will be designed and constructed by:
- The selected Declared Transmission System Operator (DTSO) – for the contestable portion of the augmentation.
- The incumbent DTSO – for the non-contestable portion of the augmentation.
AEMO reviews construction progress reports, facilitates the resolution of any technical issues, and escalates them if required.
During construction, the Connection Applicant should update, finalise and forward to AEMO:
- Technical data as described in AEMO's Technical Information Requirements for Connection of Generators.
- Updated model package, including simulation models and associated design data.
- Energy conversion model (ECM) data for wind farms and solar farms (semi-scheduled plant) (see Documents checklist below for templates relating to your connection type).
- Commissioning programs – must be agreed with AEMO at least three months prior to the commencement of commissioning.
If there are material changes to the simulation model or other aspects of system design, AEMO needs to review and reassess the agreed performance standards.
The Connection Applicant should also consider registration requirements, including:
- Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) requirements.
- Obtaining a National Metering Identifier (NMI) from AEMO.
- Demonstrating the capability of the facility to achieve its performance standards.
Roles and responsibilities summary
AEMO: reviews construction progress report, facilitates resolution of any technical issues, and receives updated data and other information from the Connection Applicant.
Connection Applicant: undertakes construction, updates and finalises data (such as ECM and commissioning programs) and forwards it to AEMO, and considers registration requirements.