In this section
To participate in any energy markets operated by AEMO, you must register in a registrable capacity in one of the following markets (as prescribed in the Energy Rules):
- Bulletin Board (East Coast Natural Gas Services Bulletin Board and the Western Australia Gas Bulletin Board)
- Declared Wholesale Gas Market (DWGM) (Victoria only)
- Gas Retail Market (New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland, and Western Australian)
- Gas Supply Hub (Wallumbilla, Queensland and Moomba, South Australia)
- National Electricity Market (NEM wholesale and retail electricity)
- Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM Western Australia)
- Short Term Trading Market (STTM) (Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane)
To maintain the integrity and security of its markets, AEMO undertakes a comprehensive registration process. The process requires applicants to provide adequate information and documentation.
As part of the registration process, applicants must nominate the markets and categories they wish to register for. Applicants must also familiarise themselves with the rules and procedures for those markets.
Email any registration questions to AEMO’s Support Hub asking them to direct your question to the Registration Team. AEMO cannot give advice about your legal rights and obligations.