An overview of AEMO’s gas markets
In this section
In this section
- National Electricity Market Overview - industry
- National Electricity Market (NEM) Fundamentals
- National Electricity Market Overview - public
- Metrology for the NEM
- Network and Frequency Control Ancillary Service constraints in the NEM overview
- An overview of AEMO’s gas markets
- Understanding Market Settlement and Transfer Solution (MSATS)
- Wholesale Electricity Market introduction
- Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- Energy Markets: STEM, Balancing and LFAS
Designed by AEMO’s industry experts, the new gas e-learning program provides an overview of the east-coast gas markets and is broken down into specific modules, so you can go through the content at your own pace.
With over eight hours of e-learning, the course acts as a great precursor to AEMO’s face-to-face gas training, and provides an in-depth understanding of:
- AEMO’s gas markets: eastern and south eastern markets, Gas Bulletin Board and Wallumbilla & Moomba gas hubs.
- About the STTM – how it operates, key arrangements with trading participants, market fundamentals, emergency arrangements.
- About the DWGM –Declared Transmission System operations in Victoria, trading participant arrangements, system security, key market concepts and processes.
- Settlements and Prudentials – Markets settlements comparison, settlement and prudential concepts explained
- The Gas Supply Hub – Why a gas exchange?, registering for the GSH, market and legal frameworks, trading and market operation, gas delivery, market support.
Attendees of the course will gain an understanding of AEMO's role in various gas markets.
Location and dates:
AEMO will be running face-to-face gas education courses.
20 June 2018
16 October 2018
26 March 2018
19 June 2018
18 October 2018
The critical nature of e-learning
Please be advised that the Gas e-learning contains base information that is critical for you getting the most value from the follow up face-to-face sessions. We highly recommend that all attendees complete as many e-learning modules as possible before the face-to-face session to capitalise on the information provided on the day.
Interested parties can either enrol in both the e-learning and face-to-face training at a cost of $440 per person, or simply register for the gas e-learning for free.
How to enrol:
- Visit the AEMO Learning Centre.
- Create an individual log in.
You will also gain access the AEMO e-learning and education catalogues.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.